7 WEEKS OF REAL EXPERIENCE
Hands-on training in a simple, powerful, beautiful place.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Summit internship is an opportunity to learn, grow and serve. Learning by doing is refreshing and rare. Here is a hands-on way to grow leadership skills in an outdoor, adventure context. Get to know a group of teens in an active, close setting. Learn leadership skills under the guidance of an experienced and passionate teacher.
We are looking for one guy and one gal to serve as interns for 7 weeks this summer. This position will provide you with a great learning experience in an adventure discipleship context.
- All gear, training, lodging, food, and adventure experiences included.
- Up to $200 towards travel expenses covered.
- $200 gear allowance
- $1,200 cash stipend at end of program.
Anyone who is at least one year out of high school.
We prefer applicants that are interested in camp ministry, youth ministry, or some sort of adventure-based Christian occupation.
June 6th – July 23rd (7 weeks)
The internship includes a week of training and preparation before the Pursuit program and ends with a week of evaluation, camp work and space for transition.
Documentation of training experiences and topics covered.
Lodging, Food, Adventure Gear (archery, bikes, climbing equipment, etc.)
IS THIS A PAID POSITION?
Up to $200 travel expenses.
$200 gear allowance.
$1,200 cash stipend at end of program.
The Role / The Training
Your role will be to oversee a small group of teens enrolled in the Pursuit programs (see details on this website), to assist in adventure activities and leadership responsibilities while hosting 5 day youth camps and assisting in the hosting of other guests as needed.
- Establishing a philosophy of ministry and how it guides direction and decisions.
- Discovering how the character of the leader affects the program.
- Exploring the challenges, risks and rewards of adventure based discipleship.
- Sharing some basic leadership fundamentals in outdoor leadership contexts.
- Evaluating personal strengths, weaknesses and role compatibilities.
Help us guide students towards a Christ-centered life through adventure.
- Riding Fundamentals
- Technical Trail Riding
- Bike Maintenance
- Gear Selection
- Backcountry Food Preparation
- Staying Comfortable…enough
Intro to climbing
Climbing is demanding involving both mind and body, revealing and building character. Walk alongside and encourage students to help them through this character-building sport.
We would love to have you join us at Uplift Mountain this year!